Today, the day has come. The specs of the long awaited PS5 specs have finally been revealed, just days after the specs of the brand new Xbox were released. The PS5, which is expected to be released later this year, has some monster specs, but is behind on the Xbox in some areas. Let’s take a look.
Below, I’ve compiled a list of the specs of both upcoming consoles, so you can clearly tell the difference.
- CPU: 8x Zen 2 Cores at 3.5GHz (variable frequency)
- GPU: 10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz (variable frequency)
- GPU Architecture: Custom RDNA 2
- Memory Interface: 16GB GDDR6/256-bit
- Memory Bandwidth: 448GB/s
- Internal Storage: Custom 825GB SSD
Xbox Series X:
- CPU: 8x Cores @ 3.8GHz
- GPU: 12 teraflops, 52 CUs @1.825 GHz. Custom RDNA 2
- Memory Interface: 16 GB GDDR6
- Memory Bandwidth: 10GB @ 560 GB/s
- Internal Storage: 1TB Custom NVME SSD
Which console will you be routing for? You can watch the full PS5 unveil event by clicking here.